Pages

stuff

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Home renovations

So, Handsome Husband and I hosted a couple of friends for dinner tonight.  We had a blast eating good food, drinking coffee and laughing our butts off!  My pregnant friend laughed so hard her belly button popped out!  Hilariousness ensued...and it popped out even more!  When they got here I was able to show them all the things that I have changed in the house.

My Handsome Husband has owned this house for around 10 years and I am the first woman to put her stamp on it.  It has been very much a DUDE house.  The paint on the walls was the same color throughout (DIRTY! I mean well-lived-in).  There was ugly teal carpet on the stairs (seriously, who picks TEAL???), and grey carpet upstairs that was hiding hardwood floors!!  The floors need some work but they are soooooo much better than the carpet.

This week my mom and I have ripped up the rest of the carpet on the stairs and upstairs and my new bathroom has been completed.  Target and TJ Maxx have seen me just about every day!

Handsome Husband thinks that everything looks nice but is secretly thinking, "Thank God I didn't have to do any of it!"  I say that I am increasing the property value...he says, "You did that just by moving in!"  Awwww.  That's why he's Handsome Husband :).  Although, I know that what he is really saying  is, "How much is it going to cost this time???"

Here are some before and after photos of the most recent renovations.  The previous ones will be in another post.













We kept the door behind the shower which used to access a utility closet to make for easy access to the plumbing.  That way we don't have to rip out a wall if we ever need to get to it.


















No comments:

Post a Comment