Pages

stuff

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sunday Social 1/6/13

Well, tonight marks my last night of break.
I can't believe that Holiday Season 2012 is over!
I'm linking up with Neely at A Complete Waste of Makeup to avoid thinking about school or doing anything school related bring you the weekly Sunday Social post.

This Week's Questions:

1)  Do you plan to change any of your eating habits in the new year?
Oh yeah, buddy!!
I am planning on watching my portion sizes since I have to remember that just because I'm as hungry as a horse, it doesn't mean I need to eat the equivalent of one.
I also need to work on not having a reward mentality when it comes to food.
It's hard to lose weight when any workout I do I reward with food or wine!

2)  Any workout tips to get us back in shape after the holidays?
Bwahahahahaha!
Yeah...don't follow my advice!
Just kidding.  (Sort of)
Here is what I am doing for myself:
I have a goal to work out 3-4 times a week.  Notice I didn't say go to the gym.
The gym's not always possible, but I need to try to be active no matter what.

I have started a "Workout Jar" to motivate myself more.
Each time I work out I will put one dollar into the jar.
Once it's full, I get to use the money to buy myself a new article of clothing.
It's not a new idea...I've seen it out there.
(I actually made it through Target AND Marshalls without buying any clothes.  It was HARD!)
I also got an Old Navy gift card for Christmas, but I have decided that I need to lose 5 pounds (and keep it off) before I can use it.  Also, I can only buy one thing for each 5 pounds.
I love to shop so that's a HUGE motivator.
Plus, this will help Handsome Husband and I save more money. :)

I have also downloaded the MyFitnessPal app for my phone.
It helps track my calories and exercise.
It's a way to keep me accountable.

3)  What was your favorite thing you did over the holidays?
Hanging out with family and friends always makes the #1 slot.
I also loved learning how to crochet something new (I learned 4 new things over break!);
Hanging out with Handsome Husband;
Being able to STOP THINKING;
Eating WWWWAAAAAYYYYY too much good food;
especially my FIL's antipasta...seriously...to die for!  Gah!


4)  What is something you hope to accomplish in 2013 that you did not in 2012?
I need to get serious about getting in shape.
It's not going to happen overnight, be easy or happen because of anyone but me.

5)  Name 3 things happening this year you are excited about and why.
1.  My friend Lindsay is marrying her best friend in June and I get to stand by her side.
2.  Handsome Husband and I are going to LA for Spring Break.
3.  I turn 29 in March and am looking forward to celebrating the last year of my twenties.

Next Week's Questions:
They are taking it back to the beginning and doing a get-to-know-you round.

1)  What is the name of your blog?  How long have you been blogging?
2)  Why do you blog?
3)  What is the first blog you ever followed?
4)  What is your favorite post you wrote in 2012?
5)  What are your blogging goals for 2013?
6)  What are your top 3 favorite blogs to follow?  

It's back to school for me tomorrow!

Laters,

Mrs. B




No comments:

Post a Comment