Pages

stuff

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

What I'm Loving Wednesday 1/2/13

I can't believe my break is almost over!
These (almost) two weeks have flown by.
Unfortunately I have been SUPER unproductive.
I think school wore me out more than I either knew or was willing to admit.
It's time to hit the ground running again on Monday.

I'm linking up with this kind of love to bring you the first What I Love Wednesday of 2013.

Love #1
Handsome Husband and I went to his aunt and uncle's lake house to celebrate Christmas last Sunday.
Each year we do a white elephant gift exchange.
However, this year the pickings were slim...and hilariously bad!
I spied a beautiful I'm-not-sure-what-to-call-it-glass-thingy that I loved and Handsome Husband thought was ugly.  
Typical I-could-live-with-white-walls-and-sheets-over-the-windows dude.

Cute, huh??  
I totally would've paid for this, but I didn't have to!

Love #2
I spent my New Years Eve with my favorite person (HH in case you couldn't guess  :)).
We went to one of our favorite restaurants (The Mark
Here we are perusing the A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. beer list.
Seriously, if you're a beer person this is the place for you.
Not a Bud Light in sight. 

I always read the menu and I always get the same thing.
Their Mac 'n' Cheese is da bomb diggity.
There's pancetta, peas, and caramelized leeks.
It blows my mismatched socks off every time.

 After the clock struck midnight we enjoyed some champagne and Guitar Hero.
I love that I have already found that person I'm meant to be with and don't have to go out on NYE to join the rat race/meat market out there.

Love #3
Here are a couple of my favorite Pinterest pins from the last week.

Love me some scarves.

Love #4
I love knowing that no one will fault me for taking more than 2 seconds to think over my New Years resolutions, or goals as I am going to refer to them.
Here is the original list from my Sunday Social post:

1.  Learn how to cook something new and adventurous.
2.  Read one book a month.
3.  Get to the gym at least 4 days a week.
4.  Get into the habit of putting my clothes away once they are washed.
5.  Spend more time with friends and family.
6.  Become more efficient and get out of school before 5:00 each night.
7.  Run consistently again and participate in some races.

I will be revisiting these in a later post, clarifying them, and adding to the list.

Love #5
I am really digging this latch board idea from Young House Love.
I think that this would be a great fine motor activity to have in my classroom.
I ALWAYS have kids who need some extra help.
Picture from Young House Love


Love #6
I love that last week, Handsome Husband jumped on the Blogger site and became my 20th follower!
He heard me saying that I would like to break that 20 barrier since I had been stuck at 19 for a while.
So, he did it.
What a great guy! :)

I hope you all had a great week and have a great one to come!
Laters,

Mrs. B





No comments:

Post a Comment