Pages

stuff

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Three-Day Weekends are the Bomb

So, this past weekend was one of the few (normally occurring) three-day weekends.
I busted my butt on Friday to get as much done as possible so that I didn't have to take anything home with me. 
Thank goodness I did that!
I spent the weekend reveling in my introvertedness.
I spent a little bit of time being conversational with some folks, but I was either reading or crocheting while I did it.

I made the goal to read one book per month this year...
I read TWO this weekend.
I'm kind of a big deal speed reader.
People who know me can attest to that fact.
The speed at which I read isn't the problem...as a matter of fact, it helps!
It's the fact that I know that if I start reading a book and get into it I struggle to put it down.
That didn't matter this weekend!

I began the weekend around 100 pages into this book
when the weekend began.
I was done with it by Saturday afternoon.
There's nothing spectacular, amazing, or page-devouring about it.
I think it was just withdrawal.

I was planning to stop reading for the weekend once I was done with this one and then...
it ended with another mystery!!!!!!!!
Son of a gun!
A set of secondary characters from this book were pulled into their own suspenseful plot.

So, what else does a girl do but whip out my e-reader, jump online and download it immediately.

I read some of it Saturday night, most of it Sunday evening and the rest Monday morning.
(See how I couldn't have moved on if it weren't for having a three-day weekend???!)

I got all of this done in between getting some major crocheting done, watching Baby Jayde, going to an ND hockey game, hanging with Handsome Husband's fantasy peeps, and attending two spinning classes.

Woot woot!

I hope you all had a great weekend as well!

Mrs. B



No comments:

Post a Comment