Pages

stuff

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I Love Staying At Home (For Maybe 2 Days)

Then I get bored and projects take over my life...
Darn you Pinterest.

I broke my number one, cardinal, ultimate promise to myself...
I painted something.

I know! I know!  I should have just left well enough alone.  But I couldn't stand walking past my front door and seeing how scratched up and dirty it was.  It was installed almost 2 years ago (thanks mom and dad!).  I painted it a great red on the outside, but didn't touch the inside.






Much better...although I thought I was going to kill my "roller".  A paint roller is supposed to actually roll right??  Mine just kind of spread the paint around on the surface of the door.

Sooooooo, instead of being an easy, couple hours long project it has turned into a two-day project that will require a run to Lowe's to pick up an actual, working roller.  Groan.

On the other hand, yesterday was a relaxing day that also happened to be productive!  I went to the Farmer's Market and found these great cabbage flowers for the front steps.



 I think they really help fill out the front porch.  The pumpkins looked great, but they needed something else.  My ideal decoration would be a couple of bales of hay...I love that look for fall, but I haven't been able to get my hands on any, so, I guess I will have to save it for next year!

I also tried my hand at baking my first pie of the year...Pumpkin!  I have made chocolate chip pie a couple of times, but this one was soooo much better.  The only reason I made one this week is because I truly just wanted to make whipped cream!  I used the Libby's Famous Pumpkin Pie recipe.  It was wayyy easy.
Just placed in the oven...

After cooling for the recommended two hours.  Don't mind the sliver missing.  I had to try it!

I LOVE TO MAKE HOMEMADE WHIPPED CREAM!
  
I started making my own last year.  It is super easy in my KitchenAid mixer.  I forgot to freeze the bowl ahead of time so it didn't set up as well as normal, but it was still fantastic!  (Plus I'm always afraid to over-whip it because it will turn to butter...not the best pie topper!)  Just some heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla whipped on high until it thickens.  I also like to make cinnamon whipped cream and chocolate whipped cream. :)

I have an addiction.

This dork Handsome Husband loves pie and whipped cream, too!  It was his after-parent-teacher-conferences treat.

Wait until you see what I'm coming up with tomorrow!  Again, darn you Pinterest!

Laters!

Mrs. B

Is it just me or is this post a bit hodge podge??  Apparently I'm a tad bit ADD today.  Bear with me :)





No comments:

Post a Comment