Pages

stuff

Monday, October 15, 2012

PIB is Fun For Me!

I L.O.V.E. going to Put-In Bay with Handsome Husband to visit his aunt and uncle.  We try to go at least once a summer (and only made it once this summer :( See this post).

Since I had my first week-long Fall Break this year we decided to go.  Luckily, when we mentioned it to some friends of ours we discovered that they had the weekend off too!!

So, we decided that a road-trip was in order.  We left early Saturday morning and arrived just in time for Oktoberfest.  I think we may have had just a little bit o'fun.

My students are going to LOVE these since we were just reading an article about giant vegetables last week!

Yum!  And a great photo if I must say so myself!



Handsome Husband and I had different reactions to the beer selection on the island...I was excited that I could get Bud Light Lime and he was bummed that the Bud Light can he got had the Browns on it. 

The photo of the spot where I fell (before all the beer pictures were taken...SERIOUSLY!!!!! ) and whacked my head on the bench.  I still have a sore spot on the back of my head.  Leave it to me to fall (S.O.B.E.R.) at an event where food and beer is the main focus.  Ugh...I was so that out-of-towner.  Buh-lieve-you-me...I've had my moments and this wasn't one that was anything good.  *Disclaimer...I have no idea whose butt that is!!*




Having some fun!  I think Handsome Husband was trying to dance!!   Jeremy and Tina had some fun, too!

I love having an iPhone.  I broke my camera right before getting an iPhone and think it was the best thing I've ever done...I can pretend to be a photographer while simply pointing my phone at my face!!

Pic Stich is my new fave app...I was able to capture both reactions to our beer in one photo.  I can't wait to see what happens next!!!

Heck of a happy Sunday afternoon!  Tina and I thought that Bloody Marys sounded great and since I am a former bartender I had to go all out...although, I would have L.O.V.E.D. to have had some A-1, Worcestershire Sauce, and some Guinness on hand!
Saying goodbye.  I hate this part.  The island is seriously the best.  It may be a bit like the Jersey Shore of the Midwest during tourist season, but being able to stay off the beaten path makes all the difference!

Jeremy (front left) was O.B.S.E.S.S.E.D. with getting Jimmy John's on the way home.  He mentioned something on the ferry, right when we got in the car, 5 minutes away from the dock and when Tina mentioned that she was hungry!  We went out of our way to find one...and it was delicious!  I love me a number 12 (Beach Club) with some Jimmy John's Salt and Vinegar chips.

The Jimmy John's bathroom was actually shared with the frozen yogurt place next door that we HAD to check out...Jeremy and I got some yum yum.  It was called Apricoto and it was awesome!!! 

I helped Handsome Husband's Uncle Jim clean his teak chairs from the back deck at the lake house...what we both didn't realize is that it CORRODES YOUR SKIN!!!!  I thought that it was just me and that I had a cut on my finger or something.  NOPE...his uncle had some spots on some of his fingers, too...OUCH!!
Handsome Husband and I had a blast this weekend.  What made it even better is that we were able to rent our house out and make a good amount of money by renting our house out again this weekend. I liked it this time because it was a family that didn't even leave us any dishes!  Awesome!  

Handsome Husband just opened his new license and laughed when he said that he changed his license to say that he was bald on it...I'm glad he's finally embracing it :)

Laters!

Mrs. B

No comments:

Post a Comment