Pages

stuff

Monday, November 26, 2012

The Battle of the Bulge

Handsome Husband and I are fighting the battle of the bulge after too much indulgence last week and weekend.  We are back on our totally trusted, never fail bulge fighting method.

When we feel a bit chunky we haul out our trusty "17-day Diet" book.

This diet is more a way of eating for fuel instead of for fun.
It's a pretty basic way to get used to smaller portions and more fruits and veggies.
It also requires you to drink a ton of water (which is only bad if I can't get to the bathroom during the school day!  Random bathroom breaks anyone??!)

Handsome Husband did it for about a month and a half and lost 20 pounds.
My mom and dad did it for 2 months and each lost over 15 pounds.
A friend from my church has been doing it for a year and has lost almost 60 pounds!!

Since we are in the first cycle, we are allowed unlimited veggies and lean protein.  That made dinner an easy choice!  Baked tilapia and asparagus.  Yummo!

I tried my hand at frozen fish filets.  I was pleasantly surprised!  We used the tilapia filets from our local Kroger.  They were conveniently packaged and cooked up well.

Handsome Husband and I have also signed up for a 6K on Saturday called the St. Nick Six.
I agreed to do it without realizing that it was this coming Saturday!!!!  Oops.

Welp, I guess my non-running-since-the-hotter-than-Hades-half-marathon-I-did-over-a-year-ago butt is either going to survive or die.  Looks like I'll be doing some running this week!

This diet truly works as long as you stay true to it.  It's super easy, but my willpower isn't always so strong.  I just need to keep telling myself that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.  

How's your own battle of the bulge??  Overindulgence??  Just right-ness??

Laters!

Mrs. B

No comments:

Post a Comment