Pages

stuff

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Garbage

So, I have been fighting some monster cravings since starting this diet.  
Sugar, carbs and fatty things have been calling my name.
However, I haven't been answering :)

I got home late-ish tonight (7:00) and was starving.  Handsome Husband is at the Notre Dame mens basketball game with his dad tonight.  When he is out I usually get Jimmy John's or something along those lines (fast food).  Since I decided to actually stick with this diet I decided to raid the fridge.
I found:
ground turkey
steamable broccoli
and cabbage

My mom makes a terrific mash-up of ground turkey, cabbage, cauliflower, and peppers.
I think it was fate that I had almost the same ingredients in my fridge!  

I cooked the turkey in a non-stick skillet until it was almost done.
While I was cooking the turkey I put the bag'o'broccoli in the microwave to cook.
When the broccoli was done I dumped it and the cabbage into the skillet and let it warm together.
I sprinkled garlic salt, ground black pepper and cayenne pepper.





Yummy and 17-day Diet friendly!!!  And it only took me 15 minutes!
This dish is what my family affectionately calls Garbage because you take what you have and throw it together.  It's my favorite thing because it's not often the same.

I hope you all have a great night!!

Laters!

Mrs. B


No comments:

Post a Comment