Pages

stuff

Friday, August 10, 2012

High Five for Friday!

It's Friday, Friday!  First day of school!  My new little nuggets are an interesting bunch to say the least. I'm going to have an interesting year! 

1.  This is our class hamster.  I have re-named her...are you ready??!!  Her name is...Hermione.  Yes, yes.   I am a ginormous Harry Potter fan (although, I don't dress up OR own a wand :)).  We are calling her Hermie for short.  My students were OBSESSED with her today.  "Can we hold her?  
when can we play with her?  Why is she sleeping?  When does she play on her wheel?" 




2.  On the left are the new puzzle pieces that my new students have created for our class puzzle.  It's amazing to see how different they all are, but how they still fit together so well!  (This was NOT a Pinterest idea, btw.)  The picture on the right is the puzzle that last year's class created.  We left it up all year and added to it as we got new students.  It's such a great story and conversation starter!

3.  We started the year off right with one of my favorite authors.  My new nuggets were laughing their tooshies off as I was reading.  They interacted well!

4.  These were waiting for me when I got home (at 7:45 pm).  Oh Handsome Husband!  You R.O.C.K.! 


5.  Check out this new endeavor by the granddaughter of a woman at our church.  She's in FIFTH GRADE!  She is an amazing young woman with some terrific ideas!  She was tired of the B.O.R.I.N.G. athletic socks out there in the world and decided to do something about it.  Rock on!  Check out www.supersillysports.com!


Now, I'm off to bed so that I have the energy I need to do some school work this weekend!

Laters,

Mrs. B

Here is a quote from one of my nuggets that happened at the end of the day:  
As we were getting to leave at the end of the day I noticed that one of my students had a puddle of "hanitizer" (as second graders seem to call it) in his hands and was attempting to rub it in.  As we walked into the hallway I noticed that he had his hands cupped in front of his face and was inhaling deeply.  I asked, "Do you like the smell of hand sanitizer?"  to which he responded, "I love the smell of hanitizer...nail polish...and permanent markers!"  I just about lost it in the hallway!  I chuckled, grinned and just walked away.

I love second graders.

No comments:

Post a Comment