Pages

stuff

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Objectives

Tonight we had our "Meet, Greet and Eat" night at school.  It's pretty easy to understand. :)  The parents come to our school, we meet them and our new students and then they eat dinner.  It also marks the night before the first day of school.

I am super nervous!  I told my teammate Sch. that I feel better than I have the past two year, but about as good as I'm ever going to feel!  I am ready and wicked excited to have my first day with my students, but scared that I will totally forget something that I will need.

Back to the title of the post...objectives.  My school adopted the TAP program (an alternative assessment program for teachers in Indiana) last year and one of the Indicators on our rubric is Standards and Objectives.  What it looks for is if your content aligns with the standards and if the objective for the lesson displayed.  I struggled with having the objective listed each day where the students could find it so decided to see if I could make it any easier.

Here is what I came up with:
Language Arts (soon to say "Reading"), Math, Writing, Grammar.

I bought some frames from the Dollar Tree, printed the content areas that I needed onto some card stock, placed the card stock in the frames and affixed them to my board using 3M Command picture hangy thingermajiggers.  (I can see that they have a real name, but this is what I call them.  I describe them as 3M plastic-y velcro-y thingamajiggers.)  I will write the objective(s) on the glass of the frame with a dry erase marker.

I thought this was pretty nifty (as did this person.  I hated that this link didn't go to the actual site, but this is what I had to work with...sorry.) and so did the rest of my team!  I described it to them, but they needed a visual...as I usually do as well...and they wanted them, too!  Now, the students in second grade know EXACTLY where to look to find the objective for the day! :)

Wish me luck on my first day of school!!!

Laters,

Mrs. B

No comments:

Post a Comment