Pages

stuff

Monday, August 13, 2012

Thankful...

Today marks the second day of school (with kids).  I'm tired.  Tired.  I can't imagine what it's going to be like with kids of my own.  A personal goal for myself this year is that I try to stay positive.  I am pretty positive anyway, but sometimes I need to try harder to stay positive about my class and students.

Here we go:

I'm thankful:

that even though Friday and today were yucky, rainy days it cleared up long enough for our little nuggets to have outside recess at lunch.  They needed to run as much as I needed the fresh air.

for my team.  They are an amazing bunch of women who have only made me better and made me challenge myself over the last two years.

that I have had the same team for the last two years!  One member is misplaced this year, but still in the building (so far!) and I still get to see her every day.

that I perfected roasted veggies and fish over the summer so that Handsome Husband and I can still eat a healthy meal when all I really want to do is sit down and stare at a wall for a while.
Totally cooked the acorn squash in the microwave.
that Handsome Husband reminded me that I DVR'd Batman and Robin over the weekend so that I have an awesomely horrible movie to grade papers to.  (I have REALLY, REALLY, REALLY bad taste in movies.)

that I only have 22 new nuggets to start the year with.  3rd grade has 26 (which is what we ended with) and kindergarten had 27, 28 and 31!  Holy cow!  Luckily we decided to add another Kinder section today.

that I have a job with a permanent contract.  It makes life a lot less worrisome.

that I can hear Handsome Husband washing the dishes in the kitchen as I type.  He's awesome.

What are you thankful for?

Laters!

Mrs. B


2 comments:

  1. I am thankful for the blessing of watching a little girl whom I kept calling Morgan grow into an amazing woman named Jordan!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete