Pages

stuff

Monday, August 27, 2012

I Just Made Handsome Husband Fall in Love With Me All Over Again

Some of my favorite words occur when I feed Handsome Husband an AWESOME meal.  Let me give you a little history...

...So, I used to be the world's worst cook.  Seriously...ask my parents...I used to burn E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.  No joke.  I could barely make a hamburger without turning it into a hockey puck.  It usually resembled a charcoal briquette.  This was the first time I lived at home.

I moved out...and lived with a few awesome people...and I still couldn't cook.  My roommates were amazing cooks and NONE of it rubbed off.  I liked to cook things that I could put on the stove, walk away from, and come back to fully cooked.  That doesn't work out so well.

When I moved BACK in with my parents (I seriously LOVED living with my folks) I decided that I needed to cook more.  This led to a love affair. I definitely burned a ton of things (oh mom, I still remember when I almost destroyed your stock pot with a bagged soup) and started out slow, but I don't even let Handsome Husband near the stove now.

Handsome Husband's dad is a really good cook, so it is a real feat when Handsome Husband says something is AWESOME.  I made something tonight that made him say, "This is the best piece of meat I have EVER eaten," followed by some noises that told me he REALLY liked it.

I LOVE that!  Here are some pictures from my tastebud adventure:

Look at the sear on those suckers! I cooked the peppers first to make sure that they were nice and toasty.  Then, I cooked the steak.  I did it in this order so that I knew I had a really hot pan to start.  I used Penzey's Chicago Steak Seasoning.  Best. Seasoning. Ever.

Yeah buddy.  Nom, nom, nom.

I roasted asparagus at 400 degrees with garlic salt, black pepper and chili powder.  My new favorite combo.

I cook a ddddaaaannnngggg good steak.  A perfect medium-rare.  
Now I know why Handsome Husband sticks around...Oy!

Laters,

Mrs. B

No comments:

Post a Comment