Pages

stuff

Monday, August 20, 2012

Mystery Date Night!

So, I was at school on Thursday when Handsome Husband texted me and said that we had plans for Saturday night and not to make any others.  I (naturally) asked what it was and he said it was a surprise.  How fun!!

We left the house at 3:00 pm.  He made me drive so that he could tell me what to do (for once!!:)).  We headed into Michigan and stopped in Berrien Springs.  He explained that there was a little pizzeria in town that he had heard was A.W.E.S.O.M.E. and that we were going to try it.  Our favorite food is pizza, so this was a great treat for me!! It's called Roma's Pizzeria. The pizza was great!  It was difficult to stop eating it! :)  (I was so absorbed with eating it that I forgot to take a photo!  Bummer.)  We had sausage, black olive and onion.  Yummo!!

Next, we hopped back on the road and headed toward wine country.  I kept trying to guess where we were going, but he wouldn't give me any hints!  We passed a few signs and I asked, "Are we going to Tabor Hill Winery??"  He just smiled and said, "I don't know."  Booger.  Well, he took me to the Round Barn Winery!  They have great wines and delicious beers.  They even make their own vodka and whiskey!  My tastebuds are dancing right now.  We hung out on the deck, listened to live music, and sipped some great-tasting beer.

Here are some pictures from our stop:

Yummy!

Isn't he cuh-ute???!!!  I love the scruff.

Cheesing! :)
Once we left there we headed toward St. Joe.  As we pulled up to the entrance to the parking lot he asked if I wanted to know what we were doing.  D.U.H.!!  He handed me a folded piece of newspaper and said that he found an article in the paper on Thursday that he thought would be a perfect night for me.  I opened it and this is what I saw:

Woo hoo!!!!!!!  It was the Southwest Michigan Symphony Orchestra backing a Queen cover band!!  Oh my heart...frickin awesome!  I LLLL.OOOO.VVVV.EEEE. Queen.  If I could meet anyone dead or alive, it would be Freddie Mercury.

The symphony played behind this band but truly stood out.  The second half of the show was accompanied by a choral group that blew me away.  Bohemian Rhapsody knocked my socks off!  It is my all-time favorite song and I know it backwards and forwards.  Scaramouche!   Scaramouche!













I had so much fun.  He wanted to make sure that we got a great date night in before we both got swept up in school for the fall.  He succeeded!  You go, Handsome Husband!

Oh yeah...it was kind of cold that night so I wore real shoes which resulted in my first pair of socks for the year.  Aren't they great!  I only wear mismatched socks...I HATE sorting socks and always get bummed when one sock gets a hole and the other lasts FOREVER.



How was your weekend??

Laters!

Mrs. B

No comments:

Post a Comment