Pages

stuff

Friday, December 7, 2012

It's Friday, Friday...

I can't believe that another Friday is here!
This school year is just flying by.

ONE:  I enjoy watching my kids grow each week and see the lightbulbs go off over their heads.
(If you've never seen a kid "get it" you really should.  You can see the confidence and personal empowerment coming off of them in waves.  No joke...it's pretty awesome.)
I write the writing lessons for all of second grade and it feels REALLY GOOD to have the other teachers reporting that their students are making a lot of progress.  Mine are, too!

TWO:  After years of chronic dry eye (sounds trivial, but it's super annoying to have to peel your contact off of your eye each night and check to make sure the surface is still intact) my eye doctor decided to plug the drains in my eyes and...voila!  Slick as a whistle.
TWO B:  He fixed my contact prescription and I can see clearly now the rain is gone.

THREE:  Our classroom hamster Hermie died this week.  I didn't think it was going to be as hard as it was.  The kids handled it well (it happened at my house).  Handsome Husband was tender as all get out.  He was cuddling her as much as he could.  He also eulogized her in a text to me and took care of her when she was gone.  Man!  I picked a good-un.

FOUR:  Tomorrow night is the annual National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation viewing at my parents house.  I love hearing my dad say every line right before the characters say it.  He stays glued to a chair laughing the whole time.  It's an excellent annual get-together.  Many of our friends come over to enjoy it as well.  There will probably be pictures :)

FIVE: My mom is flipping funny.
My dad has been reading the Harry Potter books and watching the movies.
He's pretty cool.  (She is, too.)

I hope you all had a great week, too!

Laters!

Mrs. B


No comments:

Post a Comment