This month's Birchbox theme was "Red Carpet Ready".
Here's the run-down:
1. These WEI Pomegranate Buffing Beads were the "Beauty Extra" in my box this month.
I liked that I could add them to my normal facial cleanser to make it a scrub!
If I traveled a lot these would make a fantastic addition to my travel kit because of their easy portability and non-liquid state (so that I would have more room for all of the other junk I always bring when I travel).
At home, however, I forget that I have them because, seriously, I'm not going to store them in the shower and am a bit of a space-cadet at barely-5-am in the morning.
Other than that, I like them!
2. One of my most favorite things about my monthly Birchboxes is that I get a new perfume monthly.
I was excited to get this Couture La La by Juicy Couture perfume.
It tends to be a bit heavy so I apply it sparingly, but I really like the scent.
3. Luckily, I had a three-day weekend right after getting my box, so I was able to take the time to actually use the WEI mud mask that was included.
The description says that each pod is enough for a single use, but I found that it was more than enough...like, enough for 3 uses.
That's not a bad thing, but since the lid was a foil-peel-back type I couldn't reseal the container.
I applied it and chilled with a book for a while before washing it off.
With some mud masks you have to just about scrub the top layer of your skin off in order to get the mask off but not with this one.
It washed off easily and left my skin feeling refreshed.
4. I love getting hair products in my boxes and TIGI is one of my favorite brands.
I have played around with this Catwalk dry shampoo a bit.
I liked the piecey look it gave my hair, but with my hair being so short it seemed to go away quickly.
I prefer a wax or pomade to style my hair when it's short.
Maybe I'd feel differently if my hair was still long.
5. I've gotten this Jouer tinted moisturizer a few times in my boxes.
Maybe I have enough now to actually try it!
The sizes are so stinking small that it is hard to truly know if I like it.
6. This was a nice little bonus to get in my box!
It barely made it through the pictures!
Do you get Birchbox?
If so, what did you get in yours this month??