Pages

stuff

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

I Have a Confession

I become a prissy little wuss when Handsome Husband isn't home and I have to go to bed alone.
I am in no way saying that I'm co-dependent.
What I am saying is that I have a VERY active imagination and can envision all sorts of terrible.

So, Sunday night we went to a friend's house for the Super Bowl.
I left at halftime since I was tired and had to get up at 4:45 Monday morning.
I of course got home and proceeded to put my laundry away.
Then, I decided that it would be a good idea to watch a few episodes of Numb3rs.
Then, I thought that reading my book would be a great idea, too.
(I was stalling tremendously if you can't tell.)

So, instead of going to bed at 9:00 I didn't go to bed until 10:45...bad choice.
I was stalling because I was too freaked out to go to bed before he got home.
We live in a nice neighborhood but I still get weirded out.

Am I the only person whose house comes alive with creaks and shadows when you are the only one there?
No?
Could you share your secrets?

Handsome Husband got home at 11:00 to find me half-sleeping with my glasses still on.
HH:  "Why are you sleeping in your glasses?"
Me:  "So that when I'm attacked I can i.d. the guy."

Maybe I should stop watching CSI or Criminal Minds or Numb3rs before bed.

Here's to being less of a wuss!
(Yeah right.)

Laters!

Mrs. B

2 comments:

  1. Ooohhh my goodness, haha, I identify with this post way too much! My hubby is gone for weeks at a time, and despite the fact that we have a toddler, two dogs, a cat, and an alarm system, I'm STILL afraid of the dark ... as an adult. (I thought for sure it would go away when our daughter came along! But no.)

    What helps me most is not watching anything even remotely creepy for about a week before the husband will be leaving again. A few days, and I'm just as scared as ever, but putting space between things seems to help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I'm glad you could identify and that I'm not alone out there!! Thanks for stopping by.

    Jordan

    ReplyDelete