Pages

stuff

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Food is Good

Ok...so I like to fancy myself an amateur chef.
Handsome Husband is also a really good guinea pig.
We eat a lot of chicken every week and it gets a bit redundant sometimes.
So, I decided to try something new.

I made teriyaki chicken with peppers, onions and chopped apple.
(I found the original recipe here and then modified it.)

First, I cut the chicken into strips.


Then, I covered the chicken with peppers and onions.
I used a lot because 1) we really like them and 2) they cook down a lot.

 Then, I mixed low sodium teriyaki sauce and low sodium soy sauce together and poured the mixture over the chicken and veggies.

Wrap it up tightly.
Put it in the oven at 425 for 25 or so minutes.

When it was cooked I chopped up some apple (Fuji) to put on the top of the chicken.

Holy cow, was it ever tasty!

We paired the chicken with some roasted asparagus with balsamic vinegar.
(This is not the best picture ever, but I was STARVING and I was lucky that I even got a picture before I did a face plant and ate the whole thing without a fork.
Classy...)

This was super easy!
Handsome Husband kept raving about it while he was eating.
He actually cheered, "Yes!" when I told him that I had packed him the leftovers for lunch today.

However, the next time I cook this dish I am going to cook it in the crock pot.
I think that the chicken would be a bit more tender.
Plus, we wouldn't be eating at 7:45 on a Monday night if I did that!

You could also add crushed pineapple for a bit more sweetness.

Let me know if you try it!

Laters,

Mrs. B

No comments:

Post a Comment