Pages

stuff

Friday, March 15, 2013

High Five for Friday! 3.15.13

Woo hoo!!!!!!
I'm very excited it's Friday!
I had a blast last weekend at the women's retreat, but I am looking forward to being in my own space this weekend.
Here is a recap of this week's best...
(more found here)

1.  I made this clover scarf for a Notre Dame women's basketball fan.
The guy who ordered it (for his wife) was one of my regulars at my pre-teaching job.
He was affectionately called Big Papa (aka Kevin).

2.  I attempted my very first granny square last night. 
Not too bad if I may say so myself.
I'm still REALLY bad at starting new colors.
(Plus, you can't see all of the string tails that I am clutching in my hand.)

3. I picked up some yarn at a local boutique for my friend's ring bearer pillow.
I am NOT EVEN CLOSE TO KIDDING when I say that this could quite possibly be my drug of choice.
This yarn is the softest I have ever felt.
It is also TOP quality (read: expensive).
This picture shows what $90.00 of yarn looks like.
I went to Michael's, got the same quantity and spent $40.00.
I kind of want to roll around in this stuff and rub it all over me...but I won't
I just bought this much to give her some choices.
I wish I could keep it all, but I don't know if I'm good enough...yet. 

4.  My Keurig decided to crap out on me on Tuesday night.
Go figure that my 5 year old Gevalia 12-cup still works perfectly.
One great thing about using a regular coffee pot is that I wake up to freshly brewed coffee and get to save the five minutes that it usually takes me to get the other coffee ready. 
(I use a refillable K-cup, so it takes a little longer...)
I'm still undecided on whether or not to get a new one.

5.  I was more than a little excited to see that these curvy models are being used at H&M overseas.
I am sick of seeing stick figures displaying clothing that is supposedly going to fit me.
Chyeah...right.
I like big butts and I cannot lie...

Handsome Husband is taking me for a nice birthday dinner tonight.
Steak...I'm excited!

What is something great that happened to you this week?

Laters, 

Mrs. B




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for following!!! I am just starting to learn to knit and crochet! It's definitely fun and passes the time! =)
    And YAY for Maine!!! Where did you live when you were living here?? =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lived in Union (near Rockland) growing up and then Standish/Windham for a year when I was 20. My grandparents lived in Sanford and a few of my family members are in Wells. Where are you?

      Have a great day!!

      Jordan

      Delete